Filed under Student Life

Student Council Presidential Candidates

With the Student Council election happening on Friday, most people know who’s running and probably know who they’re going to vote for at this point. Some people might not know the presidential candidates all that well, so here are some answers to the questions asked to the presidential candidates:

Why do you want to be president?

Jack Blomme: “I want to be president because I want to lead this school to success and bring us back into more of a school spirit like we had years before, and I really want to bring that back next year.”

Payton Tilson: “I want to be president because I want everyone to be able to come and talk tome if they have anything to say, and I just want to like make the school somewhere fun to go.”

Why should you be president?

Jack Blomme: “Because I’m very trustworthy and honest, and I stick to my word. If I say I’m going to do something, I go out and do it and I’m not going to slack and I’m just to go out and go get it.”

Payton Tilson: “Well, I should be president because I want to bring school spirit, as much school spirit as I can into the school. And I’m also not afraid to get out of my box and talk to everyone. And I also feel like I’m really outgoing, and people wouldn’t beafraid to come up and talk to me if they wanted things to happen and I really feel like I could make them happen.”

Do you think you would be a better president than the current, Derek LeMaster? If so, then how?

Jack Blomme: “I do plan to try to be better than Derek. How? I’m going to try to be more involved and go to as many school things as I can. I just wanna kind of, be more present, I guess, in the school.”

Payton Tilson: “I don’t know if I’ll be better than Derek, but if I’m president then I’m going to be the best president I can be.”

Why are you more fitting than Payton/Jack?

Jack Blomme: “I really wanna help the school out and be there for everyone and I wanna be someone that people can come up and talk to, you know? If they ever have a situation, I want them to feel like they can come up and talk to me. I also feel like Payton will be a good choice, I say it’s a pretty 50/50 choice, either of us will be great presidents.”

Payton Tilson: “What makes me more fitting than Jack is I’m not mean like he is and I know how to make things fun. But I also know how to be serious when I need to be serious, and I don’t think Jack has that. Also, I think Jack would be a good president, so whoever wins, it’ll be a good choice.”

Both of these candidates sound like great choices, and would make great presidents here at GCHS. Who will be your president? Who will you vote for?

• Student Council Presidential Candidates

Feature

Hall Cops

Feature

Favorite High School Memories – GCHS Seniors 2017

Feature

Letter from the Editor in Chief

Feature

Interview with the May Queens

Feature

Senior Sendoff

Feature

Farewell, Granite High World

Feature

The Gang Goes to New York

Feature

May Carousel: 95 Years in the Making

Feature

High School: Lessons Learned

Feature

2017 IPA Illinois State Powerlifting Meet

Student Council Presidential Candidates