Your Fall To Do List

Back to Article
Back to Article

Your Fall To Do List

Janet Andrews, Staff Writer

Fall, the time of the year when Mother Nature finally begins to cooperate, you get to wear your cozy sweaters and fuzzy socks, and nothing but Pumpkin Spice is in the air.

Fall is arguably the best season of the year. The weather is perfect and the overall atmosphere just relaxing. Whether you’re 6 or 60, this Fall To Do list is a must!

1. Play in the Leaves

“October gave a party; The leaves by hundreds came – The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples, And leaves of every name. The Sunshine spread a carpet, And everything was grand, Miss Weather led the dancing, Professor Wind the band.”

–George Cooper

Obviously you’re not three, but really, who doesn’t love to play in the leaves? Just do it!

1. Watch a Scary Movie

“Oh, I love horror movies, yeah.”

-Norman Reedus

Yes, like Norman, we all love scary movies and you know what that means, it’s time to get your spooky on. Grab a friend, a couch, and watch some Hocus Pocus or Night Of the Walking Dead. Movies you need to watch this fall:

•  The Nightmare Before Christmas       
  • Halloweentown
  • Hocus Pocus
  • Dark Shadows
  • The Addams Family
  • Addams Family Values
  • Any Scooby Doo movie!

Of course, there are so many more movies that could be on this list, but these are some personal favorites that I still watch every year!

Fall is arguably the best season of the year. The weather is perfect and the overall atmosphere just relaxing”

— Janet Andrews

1. Host a Bonfire

BE SOCIAL! Grab some friends new and old and sit around the fire while roasting marshmallows and hot dogs and tell some spooky stories. Bonfires not only are one of the most relaxing things ever, but they also give the perfect excuse to wear that cozy sweater of yours. So, sit down, talk, get chocolate wasted, and have a blast. But, as always, be safe!

1. Carve a Pumpkin

Halloween time, the one time of the year when you can actually take candy from strangers. It’s also the time of the year where you can be the worst artist ever but still feel accomplished, because really, who can actually make a picture in a pumpkin? Grab a pumpkin and show off your artistic abilities!

1. Visit Relleke’s Pumpkin Patch and Get Lost in the Corn Maze

Yes, you would be breaking many of the rules of what NOT to do in a horror movie, but just do it.

Have a blast, get lost, and desperately try to get out. Just you know, don’t get eaten. But, just to be safe before you go in, make sure to eat some of the totally amazing food Relleke’s serves!

1. Take a Nature Walk

I know nature walks aren’t the funnest thing in the world, but it’s necessary. Why? It relieves stress, whether it’s from school, work, friends, etc. Put the phone down and go for a walk. Take in all that this earth has to offer while you still can. Places like Pere Marquette or Wilson Park make for a beautiful and relaxing walk.

1. Complain How Cold It Is

This doesn’t need any explanation, and no one likes the cold. But hey, that means it’s closer to Christmas.

1. Help Out a Family or Friend

Thanksgiving and Christmas is right around the corner, and this season is one of the best times to start a new family tradition. Help someone out, even if it’s just talking to them. Talk to your family about possibly adopting a family for the season. You never know. That small act of kindness might change their whole outlook on life. Helping others is not only an amazing feeling, but you’ll make people happy as well. What’s better than that?

1. Chili, Food, Yum

Who doesn’t love food? This year, take the time and try something new. Try something you thought you’d never try. And if you need any ideas for foods, ask Wyatt Bridger.

1. FINALLY, just be completely over Fall

After you complete this Fall To Do list, you’ll be completely over Pumpkin Spice flavored everything and all the extra layers of clothes you have to wear. By the end of the season, you’ll be craving to have Summer back.

Have fun while completing whatever your fall list may consist of! Wear your cozy sweater, eat your grandma’s pie, and put down your phone. Happy Fall!