Cars 3: What Do We Know?

NEXT-GEN TAKES THE LEAD — Jackson Storm (voice of Armie Hammer), a frontrunner in the next generation of racers, posts speeds that even Lightning McQueen (voice of Owen Wilson) hasn’t seen.  “Cars 3” is in theaters June 16, 2017. ©2016 Disney•Pixar. All Rights Reserved.

Pixar

NEXT-GEN TAKES THE LEAD — Jackson Storm (voice of Armie Hammer), a frontrunner in the next generation of racers, posts speeds that even Lightning McQueen (voice of Owen Wilson) hasn’t seen. “Cars 3” is in theaters June 16, 2017. ©2016 Disney•Pixar. All Rights Reserved.

Austin Gilmore, Staff Writer

It has been 11 years since we last saw him in a Piston Cup race, and it has been 6 years since we last saw our favorite racecar: Lightning McQueen. We last saw him becoming an All-Star in the racing world, but some of us see that he is close to being done. He is back once more to prove he is still faster than fast, and quicker than quick. Here is some information on what we know about the potential final film in the series.

As we saw in the teaser trailer that Pixar released back in November of 2016, McQueen is back to racing for the Piston Cup. There are a lot of new racers with new technology equipped to their engines, making them faster. Then the unthinkable happens. Lightning McQueen spins out into a wall and gets damaged badly. Is McQueen done with racing?

In January of 2017, another trailer was uploaded by Pixar, but it was an extended trailer. It first showed the the teaser trailer from November, then we hear someone talking about how McQueen will never be the same. We see McQueen and Mac traveling across the country as discussion ensues about McQueen retiring. Then the new villain is introduced, Jackson Storm. A new high tech rookie who thinks anything is his. McQueen needs to find a way to beat out Storm before he can rid McQueen of racing again. Now McQueen needs to train and practice to race not faster, but smarter than Storm. And with the help of trainer, Cruz Ramirez, who unlike everyone else, wants to help him stay the racer that he is, Lightning wants to beat out Jackson before his career is finished.

There is another scene in the extended trailer that caught our eye. McQueen and Cruz show up at an old abandoned dirt track where it looks like McQueen will be training to beat Storm. There is another part where we see flames lighting up the track at night, and McQueen and Storm are racing on the track. An extremely competitive race between McQueen and Storm is set for the final race of the Piston Cup season. Time to find out if this old dog can learn some new tricks and continue his legacy. At the end of the extended trailer, McQueen rolls up to a building with the number 95 in front of it, and fans are shouting his name. We shall find out what will become of McQueen this summer on June 16, 2017 when Cars 3 enters theaters.

Let’s get some comments from some fans of the Cars trilogy about their thoughts on Cars 3. Sophomore Brian Nail Jr. said “ I have loved Cars since I was 6 years old, and i think that McQueen will really dominate in the next film.” Junior Alec Krueger told “ I think Lightning is too good to be beat. He should have no trouble beating Storm.” A lot of people have been fans of the Cars series since 2006, and they will always be fans forever. We all are looking forward to seeing McQueen again. KA-CHOW!!