Summer Time Fun Time

Traonna Ward, Staff Writer

High school is coming to an end. Here’s a goodbye to an old school year and hello to a new one other than if you’re a senior. Everyone has already started making summer plans. Vacations, job searching, carnivals, movies, late night activities are great especially spent during the summer because you don’t have to stress about school work or even waking up early in the morning. Talk about catching up on some sleep! Students at Granite City High School have been asked how they plan to spend their summer break whether it’s preparing for college or simply just having fun.

I’m going to have fun this summer but I’m a young adult it’s time to get things together”

— Treyvon Knight

Derrick Gregory, a freshman at GCHS, said, “I plan to play basketball this summer and have fun! I want to get a job as well but I’m really focused on sports right now.”

Traylan Ward, a freshman at GCHS, said, “I plan to play on the game all summer if it’s going to be hot outside. I will go outside to play basketball or football but other than that I want to be indoors. I want to eat good food, try to get a job, and hang out with my friends.”

Treyvon Knight, a senior at GCHS, said, “I just want to graduate get out of this town and better myself. I’m going to have fun this summer but I’m a young adult it’s time to get things together.”

Jajuan Gibson, a junior at GCHS, said, “I plan to go to six flags every weekend and work. I want to hang out with my girlfriend and friends. Other than that summer is the same as any other year.”

Lily Burke, a senior at GCHS, said, “ I plan to work and camp this summer!”

Summertime means longer days, more fun, and heat for days. My summer break I plan to go to California, work, plan my future, and of course, hang out with friends!