Call of Duty: World War ll

Austin Gilmore, Staff Writer

For 3 years, Call of Duty games have been set in a futuristic timeline that is all fake. They have cybernetic enhancement suits, laser weapons, and specialist abilities. For 3 years, everyone had been waiting for Call of Duty to go back to its roots. Now, it is finally happening. Sledgehammer Games, the creators of Advanced Warfare, and Activision Studios are putting boots back on the ground with Call of Duty: World War II. There are many things we could see in the new Call of Duty.

The game is set to release on November 3, 2017. It is the fifth Call of Duty to be set in the World War II series. It is also the first to be set in World War II since Call of Duty: World At War in 2008. As shown in the trailer, we will be landing on the beaches of Normandy. We will be riding and driving tanks, using the flamethrower, and classic Call of Duty weapons will be returning such as the Thompson, the M1 Garand, and many others.

In addition to the Campaign, the multiplayer is supposedly going to range anywhere from 2-48 players in one lobby. That is a lot of people playing at once. Also possibly being included in the game, Sledgehammer Games is creating a new version of Nazi Zombies. Nazi Zombies has been a classic game mode since 2008 in World At War, and everyone is looking forward to playing another zombies game mode in Call of Duty.

There is a lot of anticipation for the new Call of Duty, because the makers of World War ll is Sledgehammer Games. They were the makers of the Call of Duty game that jump started all the futuristic ones, Advanced Warfare. When that came out, everyone was jumping all over the place and it changed the fate of Call of Duty forever, until today. Now it’s Sledgehammer Games turn to make the new one, and with the announcement of World War ll, it is going to be how it was when the very first Call of Duty came out back in 2003.

We need a break from all these future and exo suits and wall running games, we need to put the boots back on the ground. We need to once again go back to the original game that started it all. We need to go beyond the Call of Duty. We shall find out how good the new one will be on November 3, 2017.

OORAH!!

• Call of Duty: World War ll

Showcase

Senior Sunrise!

• Call of Duty: World War ll

Feature

Hall Cops

• Call of Duty: World War ll

Feature

Favorite High School Memories – GCHS Seniors 2017

• Call of Duty: World War ll

Feature

Letter from the Editor in Chief

• Call of Duty: World War ll

Feature

Interview with the May Queens

• Call of Duty: World War ll

Feature

Senior Sendoff

• Call of Duty: World War ll

Feature

Farewell, Granite High World

• Call of Duty: World War ll

Feature

The Gang Goes to New York

• Call of Duty: World War ll

Feature

May Carousel: 95 Years in the Making

• Call of Duty: World War ll

Feature

High School: Lessons Learned

Call of Duty: World War ll