An Open Letter to Incoming Freshman

Megan Burge, Staff Writer

Dear incoming freshman,

Take it in. You are no longer the big kids in middle school. You are now the “little babies” in High School. On your first day you will feel a mix of emotions. As you take you first steps in GCHS as a student, you will feel all of 3 feelings. Scared, curious, and intimidated. You will be scared because you went from a small school to a big school, and you won’t know your way around. You will be curious because of all the new faces. Some will look familiar, and some may not.  Intimidation will be a key part on your first day of high school. The seniors will look so big and scary. Trust me, they really aren’t. They may even give you an elevator pass for free. But most of all, you will be excited. This new chapter in your life is like no other. So, take it in. Take a deep breath, and enjoy it. It will fly by. That weird girl you saw on your first day could turn out to be your best friend by graduation. Don’t let shyness or being “too cool” get in your way of joining a club or team. Don’t use the common phrase, “maybe next year.” Before you know it, it will be your senior year and it will be too late.

Take chances, make mistakes, get out of your shell, and learn from it all. Cherish your memories.

Good luck Class of 2021.

Sincerely,

Class of 2017