GC Gingers

Dom Pryor, Editor

It’s a bird! It’s a plane! No, it’s a ginger! Although this may be a little exaggerated, you probably still don’t see gingers as the norm. These flame-haired beauties only make up about 2% of the world’s population.That’s approximately 140 million people out of 7 billion! Not only do they turn heads, gingers also have a variety of unique traits to go along with their trademark hair color. According to the founder and editor of Ginger Parrot, Emma Kelly, gingers are more sensitive to thermal pain. If that didn’t make you fall out of your chair, this should. A study in 2004 showed that redheads require more anesthetic during surgery. It is thought to be because of a mutation in their genes. Now it may not come as a surprise to you that gingers burn easily when exposed to UV rays, but did you know that they can generate their own Vitamin D? Yeah, I know right!Being a ginger may seem cool, but there are some downsides.“Some people call me Carrot Top,” says GCHS sophomore, Nicole Verson. She claims some people often call her by ‘nicknames’ due to her hair color. It isn’t odd for redheads to face bullying. Being different makes them subject to praise and harassment.Can we all agree on one thing? Gingers are awesome and unique. In today’s society being different is a good thing. So, if you’re a redhead, start embracing it! Never let anyone else’s opinion affect how your see yourself.

• GC Gingers

Student Life

Student Blood Drive 2018

• GC Gingers

Student Life

Big Brother Big Sister Makes a Difference

• GC Gingers

Student Life

Healthy Start 2018!

• GC Gingers

Student Life

GCHS Travels The World

• GC Gingers

Student Life

Join the Warrior Nation

• GC Gingers

Student Life

Working Warriors

• GC Gingers

Student Life

Is Anyone Safe?

• GC Gingers

Student Life

How to Cram Last Minute for Your Finals

• GC Gingers

Student Life

Christmas Spirit

• GC Gingers

Student Life

Christmas To Do List

GC Gingers