Ricky Hard Achieves Perfection

Back to Article
Back to Article

Ricky Hard Achieves Perfection

Brooke Hudson, Staff Writer

12 strikes, 300 points. Bowling a perfect game is a dream for most bowlers, but only a few actually achieve it. Ricky Hard, a senior on the bowling team, scored 300 points last Tuesday at the  Collinsville bowling game. Ricky has been bowling for five years and this was a big accomplishment for Ricky. “I’ve been working towards this since my Freshman year”, the bowler says. Even other schools recognized Ricky on his achievement, including the Triad Knights who posted his video on Twitter with the caption, “300!!!! Ricky Hard from Granite City!!” How did he get to this point?

I’ve been working towards this since my Freshman year”

— Ricky Hard

“I’d like to thank my parents and coach” said Ricky about his bowling career. He’s come close to a perfect game multiple times, but has fallen short on the last frame. “I’ve become better at controlling my nerves and making better shots consistently.” Hard says on how he’s improved. He has worked so hard on this goal and has finally achieved it. “I was kinda shocked that it even happened, I didn’t actually believe it until I went home that night” says Ricky. His hard work has paid off!

Being a talented bowler takes lots of hard work, but bowling is in Ricky’s genes. His dad Adam Hard has been bowling since the age of twelve, and has helped Ricky become a better bowler with his own experience. “I look up to my dad, and hope that I can be better than him maybe,” says Ricky. He’s helped him become the bowler he is today.

Ricky isn’t the only one who had a great season, but the GCHS Bowling Team has achieved new personal records, and ended the season very strong. “We have great relationships because we’ve been together since our freshman year. We’re like a family,” says Ricky. Their season has come to an end, but they have developed great friendships on the team. Congratulations to the bowling team, and again, congrats Ricky Hard!