Behind the Scenes with Coach Reeves

Jacob Cook, Staff Writer

Athletes all over the world are inspired and by other athletes that participate in their particular sports, but often, the coaches of these sports don’t get enough credit. In giving credit where it is due I sought out to interview the new GCHS soccer coach Ryan Reeves.

As a club coach you have to deal with day to day preparation. It is my duty as a coach of a high school team to give the best representation of the school.”

— Ryan Reeves

“As a club coach you have to deal with day to day preparation. It is my duty as a coach of a high school team to give the best representation of the school.” Becoming a high school coach has been a difficult transition for Reeves. Funds can be an obstacle for any organization, but high school sports have been cutting back on their funding and this can make it difficult to run an effective program. “Being a high school coach has so many more responsibilities.”

For those who have played or play high school sports you know that you may actually see your coach more than you see your actual family. This is because you spend so much time with them during the season due to the many games and practices, not to mention all the bus rides. One thing that seperates Reeves from other coaches is his connection with the players. For example, even after the season has came to a close he still checks to see if you’re getting the job done. He doesn’t only check your grade performance, but he wants to know about your character off the field.

So what is it like playing for Reeves? From experience I can say it’s like having a mature friend. He will take time out of his day even when timing is tight to make sure your in the right mental state. When we’re at soccer he doesn’t only have one son on the field, Chase Reeves, but he has seventeen other sons on the field as well. He’s the type of guy to give you second chances, and not many people will.

This year was Ryan Reeves’s first year coaching. He had a tremendous impact on me and the rest of the Warrior team.

• Behind the Scenes with Coach Reeves

Sports

2017-18 NHL Playoffs

• Behind the Scenes with Coach Reeves

Sports

Cardinal Nation: St. Louis and the Cardinals

• Behind the Scenes with Coach Reeves

Sports

Zeke the Freak

• Behind the Scenes with Coach Reeves

Sports

Bleeding Blue: The St. Louis Blues and Granite City

• Behind the Scenes with Coach Reeves

Sports

Recent History of Granite Basketball

• Behind the Scenes with Coach Reeves

Sports

Warrior Baseball is Coming Soon

• Behind the Scenes with Coach Reeves

Sports

Father-Son Bonding

• Behind the Scenes with Coach Reeves

Sports

Warriors on the Ice

• Behind the Scenes with Coach Reeves

Sports

Jump into Boys Volleyball 2018

• Behind the Scenes with Coach Reeves

Sports

1v1 with Latrell Smith

Behind the Scenes with Coach Reeves