Future Seniors

Jacob Cook, Staff Writer

Senior year is bittersweet and your last chance to make life long memories.  You are counting down the days till graduation, constantly contemplating whether you should come to school or not, and struggling to do any of your work.  Senior year is the end of your high school career, and some people’s last longer than planned due to the infamous “senioritis.” Giving seniors the option to leave school an hour early or come an hour late could change this, and increase the graduation rate.

The graduation rate could increase tremendously because seniors would not be missing as much school, which could improve grades.  ”

— Katherine Rushing

Katherine Rushing said, “Letting seniors come in an hour late is a great idea. I know I struggle to get out of bed early, even on late start Mondays.” Letting seniors come in late could also improve the graduation rate. Katherine said, “The graduation rate could increase tremendously because seniors would not be missing as much school, which could improve grades.”  

Letting seniors leave early could be a problem though.  Some people pick up siblings or take people home, and they would have to come back to school or have those people find a new ride.  Katherine said, “I know the struggle of your ride telling you they can not take you home, and then trying to find a different ride.”  Also, having seniors leave an hour could cause problems with other students skipping class, because staff would not know if they were a senior or if they were skipping.  I also personally agree that having students leave an hour early could cause a lot of skipping issues.

Next year having the seniors come in an hour late or leave an hour early is a great idea, but there are also flaws in the idea. Having the seniors come in an hour late would be a great idea and could possibly improve attendance and the graduation rate. Having seniors leave an hour early could cause other students to skip because they would have an easier chance of not getting caught.

About the Writer
Jacob Cook, Staff Writer
Jacob likes to play soccer as a defender for Gateway Soccer Club. Another thing he likes to do is go fishing. One of his favorite things in the world is his dog Lacey.
  • Future Seniors

News

The Problem of Poverty in America

• Future Seniors

News

The Tide Pod Challenge

• Future Seniors

News

Winter Health and Wellness 2018

• Future Seniors

News

Opioid Epidemic

• Future Seniors

News

On the Road to Kill

• Future Seniors

News

Las Vegas: What’s Happened and What’s to Come

• Future Seniors

News

For the Love of the Law

• Future Seniors

News

Caffeine Addiction

• Future Seniors

News

Impeachment?

• Future Seniors

News

Happy Retirement to the Hudsons!

Future Seniors