Filed under Feature, Showcase

Welcome Back Rally 2018

Yellow, Orange, Blue and Green. Four colors, Four Classes, one student body. The Tribe.

This Friday, August 31st, The Annual Welcome Back Rally will be taking over the halls of GCHS. As a school tradition since 1977 the Welcome Back Rally is famous for the class wars and warrior pride. Junior Ariyon Clay stated, “Everyone really goes crazy with the class colors and wearing weird costumes.” Involving the entire student body is the goal of the Welcome Back Rally. It creates an atmosphere of school pride that really makes school more enjoyable.

At the rally you can look forward to performances by your very own Granite City Marching Warriors Band, Granite City High School Cheerleaders and Dance Team. The Welcome Back Rally is also a great way to get to know GCHS faculty and staff. In past years we’ve involved teachers in the relays we play and in games against each other. Every year the administration tries to bring in a special guest to compete in a game. Be on the lookout for who that might be.

During the rally be sure to make some noise. The more people who participate the better! When attending the Welcome Back Rally please keep in mind a few things. NO jumping on the bleachers, NO face paint or silly string, and NO negativity. The Welcome Back Rally is a privilege. Lets act like the respectful warriors we are.

DON’T LET FUN TURN STUPID!

Dress up in your class colors, yellow, orange, blue, and green. Seniors wear yellow, juniors wear orange  , sophomores wear blue  and freshman wear green.

Friday during school make sure to be taking lots of pictures and tagging us @GraniteHW on Instagram and Twitter. Use the Hashtag #WelcomeBackWarriors and the best picture(s) will get a ticket to the premiere showing of the Welcome Back Rally Video during Tribe Fest.

Get excited to share your school spirit– join us in the gym during 6th and 7th hour on Friday August 31!

About the Writer
Skylar Burns, Editor-in-Chief

Skylar Burns is a senior at GCHS and is the current Editor-in-Chief for Granite High World. Skylar best known for being Head Drum Major of the Granite City Marching Warriors Band, Secretary of National Honor Society and the student board member of the Granite City Board of Education. She plays many instruments including Tenor Saxophone, Piano, Ukulele, and Guitar. Music is apart of her everyday life and she wouldn’t want it any other way. During Skylar’s freshman and sophomore year she participated in many school plays. Some of her roles include Sally in the 9th annual production of The Christmas Carol, Franny the Fox in the 2016 production of Little Red Riding Hood, and Draco the Dragon on the 2017 production of Rapunzel. Skylar has two big jobs outside of high school as well. She is currently employed at the Granite City Ice Rink and is the Worship Leader for Uncommon Student Ministries in Bethalto, IL.  If you don’t find Skylar in the band room, you will most likely find her working with Mr. Puhse or helping out at Granite High World.  She loves journalism and is excited for senior year!

• Feature

Athletes Trading Places

• Welcome Back Rally 2018

Feature

GCHS Veterans Day Tribute 2018

• Welcome Back Rally 2018

Feature

Band: Sport or Activity?

• Welcome Back Rally 2018

Feature

Welcome Back Rally

• Feature

A Day in the Life of a Skeleton

• Feature

GCHS KeKe Challenge

• Welcome Back Rally 2018

Feature

Granite City High School Color Guard

• Welcome Back Rally 2018

Feature

Working Warriors

• Welcome Back Rally 2018

Feature

Wrestling in the City

• Welcome Back Rally 2018

Feature

Fortnite Dance Challenge

Welcome Back Rally 2018