Filed under Feature, Showcase

Welcome Back Rally 2018

Yellow, Orange, Blue and Green. Four colors, Four Classes, one student body. The Tribe.

This Friday, August 31st, The Annual Welcome Back Rally will be taking over the halls of GCHS. As a school tradition since 1977 the Welcome Back Rally is famous for the class wars and warrior pride. Junior Ariyon Clay stated, “Everyone really goes crazy with the class colors and wearing weird costumes.” Involving the entire student body is the goal of the Welcome Back Rally. It creates an atmosphere of school pride that really makes school more enjoyable.

At the rally you can look forward to performances by your very own Granite City Marching Warriors Band, Granite City High School Cheerleaders and Dance Team. The Welcome Back Rally is also a great way to get to know GCHS faculty and staff. In past years we’ve involved teachers in the relays we play and in games against each other. Every year the administration tries to bring in a special guest to compete in a game. Be on the lookout for who that might be.

During the rally be sure to make some noise. The more people who participate the better! When attending the Welcome Back Rally please keep in mind a few things. NO jumping on the bleachers, NO face paint or silly string, and NO negativity. The Welcome Back Rally is a privilege. Lets act like the respectful warriors we are.

DON’T LET FUN TURN STUPID!

Dress up in your class colors, yellow, orange, blue, and green. Seniors wear yellow, juniors wear orange  , sophomores wear blue  and freshman wear green.

Friday during school make sure to be taking lots of pictures and tagging us @GraniteHW on Instagram and Twitter. Use the Hashtag #WelcomeBackWarriors and the best picture(s) will get a ticket to the premiere showing of the Welcome Back Rally Video during Tribe Fest.

Get excited to share your school spirit– join us in the gym during 6th and 7th hour on Friday August 31!

About the Writer
Skylar Burns, Editor-in-Chief
Skylar Burns is a senior at GCHS and is the current Editor-in-Chief for Granite High World. Skylar best known for being Head Drum Major of the Granite City Marching Warriors Band, Secretary of National Honor Society and the student board member of the Granite City Board of Education. She plays many instruments including Tenor Saxophone,...
  • Welcome Back Rally 2018

Feature

Fortnite Dance Challenge

• Welcome Back Rally 2018

Feature

GCHS Blood Drive

• Welcome Back Rally 2018

Feature

The Nature of GCHS

• Welcome Back Rally 2018

Feature

If You’re New Here…

• Welcome Back Rally 2018

About

GCHS Running Tour

• Welcome Back Rally 2018

Feature

A New Face for GCHS

• Welcome Back Rally 2018

Feature

A Chief’s Farewell

• Welcome Back Rally 2018

Feature

2018 GCHS Senior Send Off

• Welcome Back Rally 2018

Feature

GCHS Faculty Advice for 2018 Grads

• Welcome Back Rally 2018

Feature

High School Survival Guide

Welcome Back Rally 2018