GCHS Blood Drive

About the Writers
Randi Ulrich, Staff

Randi Ulrich is a Junior at GCHS. Randi works at Culvers in Collinsville as a cashier. She’s a 50/50 seller at the Tri-City racetrack in Granite City, and also a volunteer at Gateway and Children’s Hospital. After high school, Randi wants to go to college at Indiana State and wants to become a flight nurse somewhere local or in Colorado.

She is a tennis player for the GCHS girls tennis team and also plays clarinet for the GCHS band. She loves music. It’s just how music can bring a story alive is so beautiful to her. Randi loves listening to music while she works or does anything such as homework, housework, working out, and much more.

Randi is a Girl Scout in Troop 899, and has earned her silver award by donating 400$+ worth of stuff to the Good Samaritan House. She is now working on her gold award, which requires 100+ hours of work on her project. That isn’t really a burden for Randi R because she’s doing what she loves: helping people. She also enjoys art, getting to use and seeing her and another’s imagination, and drawing whatever comes to mind, which is amazing to her and she has so much fun with it.

Teal Trittschuh, Staff

Teal is a junior and in the secondary honors program. In the last two years she has received awards for attending the Saturday scholar program. She currently doesn’t know what career path she wants to take but she is definitely attending college. Teal enjoys reading and her favorite subject is history.

She’s in marching band and does Colorguard. Last year she was part of the state champion winning show Imagine. Teal is also part of the concert band at GCHS. She attended New York and Chicago with concert bands in the last two years. This year she will be going to Florida with the Colorguard.

Katie Reagan, Staff

Katie Reagan is a junior at GCHS. Katie`s favorite thing to do on her free time is to draw. One thing that makes her different from many others is that she’s left handed. At GCHS  Katie is on the bowling team which is challenging being the only left hander and having to be taught from a right hander. But, besides that she has gotten a whole lot better. She joined a park baseball team over the summer and got a lot better throughout the season even though she was the only girl in the league. In school, Katie takes part in the secondary honors program. Which means most of her schooling is all accelerated. She is a member of  Girl Scouts and she is in troop 899. She loves helping all the younger kids and is proud to have so many kids look up to her. She can’t wait to graduate in 2020 and hopes to go to college at SIUC.

Rebecca Loftus, Staff

Rebecca Loftus is a Junior at Granite City Senior High School and is a new staff member of Granite High World. Rebecca values her academics more than anything and has joined several clubs to stay involved. She is a part of Renaissance club, FCA, Book Club, Photography club, Math Club, and Varsity Club. She also is major participant in GCHS athletes- she is on the Tennis team, Swim team, and the Soccer team.

Rebecca is also very active when she is not at school. She is on another soccer team and swim team that is outside GCHS. Rebecca got her first job over the summer of 2018 as a lifeguard at Wilson’s Park Pool. She is also a lector at the church she attends. Rebecca tries to work hard at everything she does and is excited to see what the future holds for her!

• Feature

Athletes Trading Places

• GCHS Blood Drive

Feature

GCHS Veterans Day Tribute 2018

• GCHS Blood Drive

Feature

Band: Sport or Activity?

• GCHS Blood Drive

Feature

Welcome Back Rally

• Feature

A Day in the Life of a Skeleton

• Feature

GCHS KeKe Challenge

• GCHS Blood Drive

Feature

Granite City High School Color Guard

• GCHS Blood Drive

Feature

Working Warriors

• GCHS Blood Drive

Feature

Wrestling in the City

• GCHS Blood Drive

Feature

Fortnite Dance Challenge

GCHS Blood Drive