Haunted Asylum with the GCHS National Honors Society

Alyeria Fultz

Come to get your scare on at Relleke’s Farm at the Haunted Asylum, built by the GCHS National Honors Society. Math teacher Bill Puhse and Science teacher Amy Heath set up and organize the yearly haunted barn. It takes the NHS students about two weeks to four weeks to build the attraction. This year’s theme is the asylum, somewhat inspired by the TV show “American Horror Story.”Previous themes have included Pennywise from the movie “IT” in 2017 and campground in 2016. The Haunted Barn has seemed to progressively get better, and people of all ages have gotten more enthusiastic about attending.

NHS students put a lot of hard work and dedication into the Haunted Barn, taking quite a bit of time out of their lives to volunteer and do something good for the community. Daisy Tieman, a senior that has participated and worked the haunted barn, said, “ You get to make new friends, and get to know new people. I had a lot of fun last year dressed as a clown.” Many other clubs and organizations attend and help work the barn as well, such as the Dance Team, Science Club, Student Council, and many more. Although Tieman is in NHS and this will be her first time helping build the barn, it will be her fourth year participating with the Science Club. Students from all different clubs in GCHS are given times that they can work at the Haunted Barn, in one to four-hour increments. Tieman said, “This year’s theme is going to be one of the best ones yet. If you like being scared, definitely come out to the haunted barn this year.”

The haunted barn starts the first weekend of October and runs through the last weekend of October. The kick-off to this year’s haunted barn will be October 5, 2018.

If you’re ready to get your scare on courtesy of the students of GCHS, visit the Haunted Asylum all weekends of October.

About the Writer
Alyeria Fultz, Staff

Alyeria Fultz is a junior at GCHS and a member of he GCHS Dance Team. Alyeria’s freshman and sophomore year, she was a member of the GCHS Marching Warriors...

• Haunted Asylum with the GCHS National Honors Society

Sports

New and Improved: GCHS Dance Team

Feature

GCHS Veterans Day Tribute 2018

Feature

Welcome Back Rally

• Feature

A Day in the Life of a Skeleton

• Feature

GCHS KeKe Challenge

Feature

Wrestling in the City

Showcase

C.E.O Program

Showcase

GCHS prepping for 2018 Homecoming

Featured

Juniors and Seniors Fight for Victory

Showcase

“See How They Run” a Labor of Love