GCHS prepping for 2018 Homecoming

© Seph Lawless

© Seph Lawless

Hannah Cann

Granite City High School is preparing for the annual Homecoming dance on October 6, 2018. Most students are ready, but are you?

Homecoming is one of the most popular events of the school year. Events designed to include all of the GCHS students comprise Homecoming week.

Taking part in the events leading up to Homecoming allows students to show their  school spirit. Events include the Homecoming game, Powderpuff game, the parade, and Spirit Week.

Spirit Week leads into Homecoming. Everyday is a different themed dress up day.

This year the main theme is Wizard of Oz.

Everyday of the week is a dress out day. All days have an event after school keeping the week fun and busy.

Thursday, Oct. 4 is the Homecoming parade starting at GC First Assembly of God and ending at  Granite City High School parking lot.

After the parade, the annual Powderpuff game takes place. With rivalry between the juniors and seniors.

Friday, Oct. 5 is the football game, Granite City vs Mater Dei here at the high school. The dance is Saturday, Oct. 6..

Most students that participate in these events said they do not regret it one bit.

Freshman Logan Wakeford said, “I have been waiting for Homecoming ever since I was a little girl, now that it is here I am beyond excited. Especially to get ready and to be with my friends.”

Most students meet at Granite City Wilson Park to take pictures with each other just before the dance.

From the park until the dance is a time where the students do what they have to do to prepare themselves for the dance.

When ready, they get dropped off back at the high school for the dance.

The doors open at 7 p.m.

Junior Caydee Smay said, “One of my favorite parts of the whole night is getting on a bus with my friends and just living in the moment with them.”

This event is something safe that is held right here in the GCHS gymnasium. It includes loud music, drinks and a lot of fun for the students.

Sophomore Nick Speece said, “After my first year at Homecoming, I realized everyone should come out. It is definitely a good time for GCHS students.”

Senior Abby Reeves said, “This is my senior year and I feel like Homecoming gets better and better each year. It is definitely something I would not miss. I do recommend coming.”

Overall, Homecoming week will be a great bonding time here at Granite City High School. Each year gets better and better.

Attending the GCHS Homecoming creates memories you will cherish forever. Do not miss out.

• GCHS prepping for 2018 Homecoming

Showcase

Haunted Asylum with the GCHS National Honors Society

• GCHS prepping for 2018 Homecoming

Featured

Juniors and Seniors Fight for Victory

• GCHS prepping for 2018 Homecoming

Showcase

“See How They Run” a Labor of Love

• GCHS prepping for 2018 Homecoming

Feature

Fortnite Dance Challenge

• GCHS prepping for 2018 Homecoming

Feature

GCHS Blood Drive

• GCHS prepping for 2018 Homecoming

Feature

The Nature of GCHS

• GCHS prepping for 2018 Homecoming

Feature

Welcome Back Rally 2018

• GCHS prepping for 2018 Homecoming

Feature

A New Face for GCHS

• GCHS prepping for 2018 Homecoming

Feature

A Chief’s Farewell

• GCHS prepping for 2018 Homecoming

Feature

2018 GCHS Senior Send Off

GCHS prepping for 2018 Homecoming