Wrestling in the City

Back to Article
Back to Article

Wrestling in the City

Growing up I always watched wrestling on TV. Fascinated, I fixed my eyes on the screen as men and women jumped from rope to rope with grace and brute. Wrestling is my life. My father started professional wrestling about 30 years ago. This sport is all I know.

If you find wrestling entertaining then you will be interested in an event going on at our highschool. Rampage Championship Wrestling will be here at Granite City High School October 28th. Doors open at 1pm and the show starts at 2pm in the main gym.

This company is teaming up with an organization called Bursting Bubbles to help stop bullying all around the world. Tickets can be found in the office here at GCHS, and at Rent A Center or Firehouse Subs on Nameoki Road. Advanced tickets are $8 for an adult and $5 for child(6-17 yo). Children 5 and under get in free. Ticket prices at the door are $10 for an adult and $8 for a child.

Frank Root, wrestler and promoter of the event stated, “This might be our first time having a show here at the high school but it certainly won’t be the last time,” He goes on to state that, “We are a family friendly company and we have family friendly talented men and women who work with us. We are very excited for this show.”

If you went to Coolidge then you will see a pretty familiar face. Frank Haynes, the in-school supervision monitor for Coolidge, is one of the wrestlers.

Come out and support such a great cause, enjoy some wrestling and learn to be #bullyproof. 

About the Writer
Kailey Haynes, Staff Writer

Kailey Haynes is a Junior, at Granite City High School,and an editor for the Granite High World. One of the things she enjoys making  her friends laugh...

• Wrestling in the City

Feature

Sister Switch

• Wrestling in the City

Feature

Here Comes Santa Clause (Lip Sync)

• Feature

Christmas Expectations VS Reality

• Feature

Road to State: GCHS Cheerleaders

• Wrestling in the City

Feature

The Gallop (The Reign Of Finkes)

• Wrestling in the City

Feature

GCHS Band: A Christmas Concert

• Wrestling in the City

Feature

CEO Savor the Season Commercial Video

• Wrestling in the City

Feature

Student Taken Into Custody After Social Media Threat

• Wrestling in the City

Clubs

GCHS Hobby Club

• Wrestling in the City

Feature

Lady Warriors Volleyball

Wrestling in the City