Back to Article
Back to Article

A Night to Remember: GCHS Senior Night

A Night to Remember: GCHS Senior Night

November 20, 2018

This football season, the Warriors won against the Kahoks, but it wasn’t any normal football game.

On Sept. 28 the football team, cheerleaders, dance team, and the band had their senior night. The senior night football game is a special night for all the seniors here at GCHS.

Many seniors have been waiting for this night since they began their high school career.

Kai Hale, a GCHS Marching Warrior, said, “I have waited for this for four years. I have wanted to be a senior so bad, for so long. So when we finally get to senior night, and I’m there with all my senior buddies, it’s one of those bittersweet moments where I’m excited that we’re all together, but at the same time, it’s also kind of a symbol of how this is our last year together. After next year we’re not going to be together anymore, so it’s definitely bittersweet.”

As for the football game itself, the Warriors managed to defeat the Kahoks 59-29.

Jvyaun Wilson, a senior football player, said, “I was confident. I felt as if we were going to win because of who we played.  I was for sure that we were going to win, but I didn’t want to have too much confidence to affect where I would go out there too cocky and underestimate them… I just kept my cool and I kept that mindset that this is one of my last football games.”

Senior night is just one of the many school events that seniors have to look forward to. Although it is sad knowing that senior year is the end of high school, soon these seniors will be living out their life and looking back on ‘the good ole days.’

Hale expressed her thoughts, “I never want to leave the Marching Warriors. I love marching band with all my heart, yes it takes a lot of energy sometimes… but I love the band.”

She goes on to explain that “I’ve really grown so attached to the band family. I am definitely going to miss everyone, but at the same time I’m ready to branch out and see the rest of the world.”

For the senior football players, they will always remember running down the field, playing the game they love.

The senior cheerleaders will always have the sash they wore for the game, and they will also remember the many times they performed the school song.

The senior dance team members, will never forget their senior night performance, and how great it felt performing for the crowd.

Lastly, for the senior Marching Warriors they will always remember pumping up the crowd, and performing their State Championship performace during halftime.  

Senior night might mark the end of their respective teams, but they will always be Warriors at heart.

Granite High World • Copyright 2018 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in