Meet the Stream Team

Brian Ames, Editor

The Stream Team is not a local group of superheroes, but four guys who broadcast GCHS sporting events to those who can’t make it to the games. You may have seen us at football or soccer games in the building across from the fans, or up in the Warrior Room to the right of the home fan section.  The Stream Team consists of Matt Thompson, James Shrum, Matt Woods, and myself, Brian Ames.

Matt Thompson, cameraman, is the most experienced of us.  He started his freshman year when the team was affiliated with IHSA.  He led the team through some tough times until the journalism program took over this year and he has helped the team continue moving in the right direction.  His favorite moment was his sophomore year broadcasting a regional game.

The Stream Team is not a local group of superheroes, but four guys who broadcast GCHS sporting events to those who can’t make it to the games. ”

— Brian Ames

James Shrum, producer, started this school year and makes sure everything works behind the scenes.  He sets up everything from the microphones to the camera to the overlays and the information you see on the screen. His favorite moment was the basketball game against East Saint Louis and even though we lost, it was one of the most exciting games and best streams we have ever had.  

Matt Woods, play-by-play commentator, also started this year, and after a couple of football and soccer games, became a great co-commentator.  He helps set up with James and me and has some of the best one liners you will ever hear. His favorite moment broadcasting was the basketball game against Edwardsville in which we almost provided a shock to the conference leaders and became an instant classic.  

I was a stream team member my freshman and junior year. I call games alongside Matt Woods and I try to keep up with Matt’s play-by-play with some color commentary. My favorite broadcast  moment was the soccer game against Collinsville, standing inside watching two old Southwestern conference teams duke it out into overtime was a special and fun call. 

There of course other members of the stream team, many worked behind the scenes to get us started at first.  Maverik Aurand, Justin Crump, Jordan James all set up the system we have now and we wouldnt be broadcasting right now without them.  At some early football and soccer games you may also hear the voice of Ben Klee, however he was needed elsewhere and the rest of course is history.

So the next time you have too much homework, are tired from practice, or your mom tells you you can’t go watch game, fear not, the Stream Team is here on Granite High World streaming all the action!  Click here to see the past games!